Job Title: Best Foot Forward for Pedestrian Safety (“BFF”) Program Manager
Reports to: Programs Director
At Bike/Walk Central Florida (BWCF), we are passionate about ensuring bicyclists and pedestrians have the facilities and safety support they need to get around Central Florida. This is our commitment to our board and community, but it takes a team who agrees to be challenged, work hard, and be flexible. If you have the drive to affect positive change with the organization’s Best Foot Forward for Pedestrian Safety program, then apply today!
Bike/Walk Central Florida seeks a highly motivated Best Foot Forward for Pedestrian Safety Program Manager who is serious about pedestrian safety. If you share our passion for making walking a more vital and SAFE part of our region’s transportation system, please send us your résumé. Share why it’s important to wake up with a smile knowing you are part of a team driven to make each day better for people moving around Central Florida.
About Bike/Walk Central Florida
Bike/Walk Central Florida was born out of a belief that few people get into their cars, ride their bikes, or walk across the street with the intention of colliding. However, Central Florida has a history of designing roads for speed and convenience rather than walking or biking; we can no longer accept that biking and walking injuries are inevitable. We believe it is our duty to protect the most vulnerable road users and make walking and biking in Central Florida the norm.
Best Foot Forward for Pedestrian Safety Program Summary
The Best Foot Forward for Pedestrian Safety Program (BFF) is a public-safety program run by Bike/Walk Central Florida(BWCF) and made possible through BWCF’s public funding partners. The program monitors and evaluates over 100 crosswalks across three Central Florida counties (Orange, Seminole, and Osceola). BWCF is developing a phased expansion of the BFF program to first encompass FDOT District 5 (6 additional Central Florida counties), with ensuing phases aiming toward state-wide expansion, offering additional growth and opportunities within a few years.
The BFF Program combines coalition building, data collection and analysis, community education, and high-visibility enforcement efforts to create positive change in the number of drivers stopping for pedestrians at crosswalks within our communities.
- Work from home, with the ability and willingness to work occasional weekends and evenings to support program activities.
- Shared workspace and office resources are available at the BWCF office in Downtown Orlando.
- Full-time (40 hours/week) with a flexible schedule.
The BFF Program Manager is the primary operations manager for the Best Foot Forward for Pedestrian Safety program, responsible for ensuring all program goals and deliverables are met in a timely manner according to operations funding budgets. This position reports directly to the BWCF Programs Director and additionally includes close collaboration with the BWCF Executive Director, Operations Director, and Marketing Manager; this position has 3-5 direct reports with an expectation for aggressive growth of future staff.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Program staff management and training
- Research and development
- Task and project management
- Creation and delivery of quarterly and annual Program Reports
- Ongoing invoice and budget review
- Annual Program budgeting
Primary program components to be managed include:
- General Program Management and Administration
- Steering Committee meetings
- BFF Partner communications and coordination
- Management of existing and future additional BFF staff
- Program Materials
- Educational and Promotional
- High-Visibility Enforcement Operations
- BFF Law Enforcement Partner communications and coordination
- Crosswalk selection and tracking
- Event scheduling and preparation
- Media coordination
- Day-of operations
- Data Collection
- Crosswalk selection and tracking
- Data Collection staff management
- Data QA/QC
- Data Analysis and Reporting
Additionally, this position may provide ancillary support to other programs and projects within BWCF, with many opportunities for participation in community-oriented events such as the BIKE 5 annual advocacy bike event.
Required Skills, Qualities, and Experience:
- NPO program management or project management experience
- Commitment to biking and walking as part of a healthy community infrastructure
- Enthusiastic, high-energy, resourceful and proactive thinker with a sense of urgency
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research and technical writing skills
- Experience working independently as a “self-starter”
- Knowledge of Orlando Metro Area neighborhoods and the transportation and mobility community culture and political landscape
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to work include occasional weekends and/or evenings, as necessary, but in a flexible work environment
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Proficiency in the Esri GIS software suite (ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, and/or ArcGIS Online)
- Proficiency in MS SharePoint
Benefits BWCF is committed to finding individuals passionate about this work. We are dedicated to helping employees develop and maintain a healthy work/life balance and truly support their passions and hobbies. BWCF offers a flexible schedule and allows remote work.
BWCF can offer a competitive salary depending on qualifications. Benefits include employer-sponsored health insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, major US holidays off, paid time off, public transit, and cell phone reimbursement.
Non-Discrimination: Bike/Walk Central Florida provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please send your résumé to [email protected] with the subject “BFF Program Manager” or click HERE. Please include a brief description sharing why it is important to you to make it better for people moving around Central Florida.