Crews are out and work has started on the 22 new miles of sidewalks. Many of the planned sidewalks will fill gaps in the current network and foster connectivity. Others will provide safe routes to schools for children within the 2-mile walking shed. A few to highlight are:
- Azalea Park School, with proposed sidewalks leading up to the school from S. Semoran Boulevard, and on Yew Drive, from S. Semoran Boulevard to Mercado Avenue.
- Lake Como Elementary School, with proposed sidewalks on E. Gore Street, and Wessex and Huntington places.
- Loch Haven Park, with sidewalks throughout the park. Construction started this month. (Pictured to the right)
- Jackson Middle School and Engelwood Elementary School, with proposed sidewalks in the residential neighborhood north of the schools, on S. Oxalis Avenue, Kankakee Lane, Shenandoah Way, Greylynne Street, Yellowstone, MacKenzie, Rockaway, and Lyons streets, Tifton Place and more.
- Catalina Elementary School and Memorial Middle School, with proposed sidewalks on Surfside Way, and Herbert and Lauressa lanes.