Last month, we shared that the Orlando City Council was voting on Gertrude’s Walk Urban Trail extensions. The proposed extensions were approved in the December meeting. The following article from The Daily City discusses the details of the new extension.
LYNX got approval to go forward with a planned extension of Gertrude’s Walk which will feature the following amenities:
- Mural Walls
- Air stations
- Water fountains
The Major Certificate of Appearance Approval was granted with the 4 original conditions we told you about here in September, along with one extra one:
- Landscaping: The final landscaping details shall be brought back for an ARB Minor review and approval.
The extension will have two main blocks:
- Block One: between Washington Street on the south and Jefferson Street on the north.
- The trail will occupy the eastern 15 feet of the North Gertrude Avenue right of way, adjacent to the west side of the railroad corridor.
- North Gertrude Avenue will become a southbound one-way road.
- The trail will be 10′ wide adjacent to the roadway and will be separated from the rail corridor by landscaping and a fence/barrier at the right of way line.
- Block Two: between Amelia Street on the south and Concord Street on the north.
- The trail will occupy a 30′ wide easement adjacent to the west side of the railroad corridor.
Have a tip about Orlando-area development? Send it to [email protected].
See original article, here.