Emily Hanna, Bike/Walk Central Florida’s executive director overseeing the Best Foot Forward for pedestrian safety program, spoke at length with Beth Perrell on her “Public Affairs Perspectives” Show, airing on five COX Radio stations. The two discussed:
- The Best Foot Forward for pedestrian safety program;
- Smart Growth America’s Dangerous by Design report and the region’s improvement in its pedestrian danger index (PDI);
- local governments’ goals of putting safety first over speed of vehicles;
- COVID-19’s impact on walking and bicycling safety;
- some safety tips for both drivers and people walking;
- trail etiquette;
- great trails to check out in the region and more.
They also encouraged people to get out and bike and walk. You can listen to the program and see of listing of the stations airing Perell’s show below.