The City of Orlando recently installed a new mid-block pedestrian crosswalk that features the latest…
Bike/Walk Central Florida seeks a highly-motivated Best Foot Forward program manager who is serious about pedestrian safety. If you share our passion for making walking a more vital and SAFE part of our region’s transportation system, please send us your résumé. Share why it’s important to wake up with a smile knowing you are part of a team driven to making each day better for people moving around Central Florida.
At Bike/Walk Central Florida, we are passionate about ensuring bicyclists and pedestrians have the facilities and safety support they need to get around Central Florida. This is our commitment to our board and our community. But it takes a team who agrees to being challenged, working hard, and having a flexible work schedule. If you have the drive to jump in and assist in the organization’s Best Foot Forward Pedestrian safety program, then apply!
Job Title: Best Foot Forward Program Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Salaried Position, Starting October 1, 2021
Apply to: [email protected]
This position manages and runs the Best Foot Forward Pedestrian Safety program, including data collection, management of meetings with partners, crosswalk selection, and oversight of high visibility enforcement operations that take place throughout the year. This position is responsible for much of the oversight to ensure program deliverables are met and achieved. This position manages contract data collectors, their schedule, training, hiring/firing and invoice review. This position could support other programming and projects as related to pedestrian safety. These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts and guides various projects including coordination, planning, and programming, related to transportation to support program goals.
- Researches, develops, tracks, and analyzes relevant data, to include land use, fatalities, safety countermeasures, and traffic, to prepare and present special and recurring reports, documents, and plans.
- Create, edits and manages progress reports and delivery to partners
- Prioritizes tasks and projects; evaluates and analyzes resources, processes, and procedures to identify issues and recommend changes for improvement
- Works with ED to monitor deadlines; Responsible for tracking and updating project management trackers action items, deadlines and accountable parties.
- Manages program evaluation metrics (scorecard) and produce timely summaries, dashboards and reports to the Best Foot Forward coalition partners.
- Manages the data collection of driver and pedestrian behavior at more than 100 crosswalks across three counties for the Best Foot Forward program
- Responsible for collecting, inputting and assessing the quality of driver yielding data and observations into a database and synthesize data, produce reports and compare data to ensure it is clean and accurate
- Responsible for training data collectors to ensure consistency
- Point person on all Best Foot Forward program inquiries from the 30+ partners
- Organizes, schedules and manages four high-visibility crosswalk enforcement operations each year across three counties which includes confirming crosswalk enforcement locations, times and dates; data collection pre/post enforcement; coordination of enforcement schedules, work with outreach team, external promotions, and staffing each crosswalk
- Generates meeting agendas, minutes, and reports for monthly BFF Steering Committee Meetings
- Contributes to the production of newsletters, articles, presentations, final reports, memos and workshop materials for all programing.
- Manage and supervise the activities of vendors, contractors, volunteers, and support staff; Responsible for keeping up-to-date project trackers and reminding team of deadlines for all programing.
General Program Assistance
- Help maintain data bases, partner lists and project trackers
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Take notes and recap internal and partner meetings
- Help maintain calendars and appointments
- Assist with development of monthly reports on impact of programs
- Review and manage budget associated with contractors, marketing materials and program supplies
Required Skills and Experience
- Commitment to biking and walking as part of a healthy community infrastructure
- Enthusiastic, high-energy, resourceful and proactive thinker with a sense of urgency.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Can research a topic and summarize the results and provide a concise and compelling point of view based on the research.
- Experience as a “self-starter” with a knowledge of Orlando Metro Area neighborhoods, the transportation’s community culture and politics with a passion for bikes, efficiency and sustainability.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Understanding of GIS and ArcMap a bonus
- Ability and willingness work to include occasional weekends and/or evenings as necessary, but in a flexible work environment.
- Can work independently
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience. MS in related field a plus
About Bike/Walk Central Florida
Bike/Walk Central Florida was born out of a belief that few people get into their cars, ride their bikes, or walk across the street with the intention of colliding. However, Central Florida has a history of designing roads for speed and convenience, rather than walking or biking; we can no longer accept that biking and walking injuries are inevitable. We believe that it is our duty to protect the most vulnerable road users and make walking and biking in Central Florida the norm.